There are so many rags to riches stories around lately and they are all, each and every one of them, inspiring beyond measure. Hearing about or watching someone have true success when they have had a hard start in life opens the gates to our hearts and often inspires others to follow on that same path. Knowing someone else did it makes it really possible for all who witness it.
So, what does it take to go from nothing to wealth, stability, and financial freedom? Were they just lucky or one song wonders?
Here are the consistencies I see:
8. They work hard –
– No complaining about what it is going to take. These entrepreneurs roll up their sleeves and getting dirty. Long hours, no problem. Cold dinners, no problem. Brilliant results take something outside the ordinary.
7. They are relentless –
– They kept going no matter what circumstances made it look impossible – period.
– Hold themselves responsible for their results AND hold high standards for themselves and their company.
5. Excellence is their standard!
– Client experience is number one.
4. Creative problem solvers –
– They tackle each issue with fresh eyes, get coaching, ask experts, and don’t allow difficulties to become road blocks
3. Learned what they did not know –
– Taking the time to study and grow; learn technology; leadership; book keeping; marketing; cash flow projects; all of it! Whatever is new needs to be learned and these folks did not wait for the Cliff Notes.
2. They think big! –
– Sometimes labeled as dreamers (not in a good way) and unrealistic, even mocked! Nothing stopped them from holding that big dream and it is one of the most important motivations to help you keep going.
1. They had an opportunity and were ready for it
– Which means they practiced like they were the real deal and they also kept themselves at their post until they got that opportunity. Kept plugging away, trying new things, learning new things, working in a community, and staying in shape, so to say.
I love the quote, “I am a great believer in luck, it seems the harder I work, the more I have of it!”, Colman Cox
Having grown up under the statistical bar of poverty, I have a true passion to look back over my shoulder and help others. I know that human beings can do anything, become anyone; yet it seems very hard, at times. When we work/learn together all things become easier.
As this is an inquiry, I would love to hear from you about what you notice about those who have worked themselves out of poverty!
For more reading on what it takes to be successful and really break the “comfort” habit, read: What is Beyond Mastery?
I started my first Creative Business when I was a single mom with four tiny children. That was 25 years ago and I started Business 101 for Creative Entrepreneurs to give back. I am so grateful for all the support did get while I was getting started, but more than anything I wished I had some business support, some mentoring or guidance. I want you to know that I get how hard, confusing, and challenging it can be to be alone and have real questions with no one to ask.
Please accept this FREE 30 Minute Creative Business Consult as my way of saying “You Can Do It!”
What you can use the call for:
- Ask anything you need to know!
- Get important, reliable resources for whatever you need
- You can design a Next Actions plan for building the life of your dreams!
- Create Learning Plan so you can begin powerfully
- Feel supported